5/14/2010

Banana Buckwheat Pancakes



I've tried many pancake recipes and these were not the best. Recipes involving bananas often seem to be disappointments. Not sure why, I guess I'm expecting that artificial banana flavour which obviously isn't what I get. heh

Yield: 18 3-inch pancakes

2 Cups plain soymilk, divided
2 t. fresh lemon juice
1 Cup buckwheat flour
1 Cup flour (can use whole-grain, if desired)
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
2 t. egg replacer powder
2 T. canola oil
1 T. maple syrup
2 bananas, thinly sliced

Egg replacer keeps these breakfast treats tender without dairy or extra oil. Mix 1 3/4 cups soymilk with lemon juice in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Combine flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl. Whisk egg replacer and remaining 1/4 cup soymilk in small bowl. Add to soymilk mixture. Whisk in oil and maple syrup. Stir flour mixture into soymilk mixture. Fold in bananas. Lightly oil griddle, and heat over medium heat. Pour 2 T. batter onto griddle for each pancake, and cook 2 minutes, or until badder bubbles and pancakes begin to brown around edges. Flip, and cook 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup.

PER SERVING: 258 CAL; 8 G PROT; 7 G TOTAL FAT 90.5 G SAT. FAT); 44 G CARB; 0 MG CHOL; 412 MG SOD, 4 G FIBER; 9 G SUGARS


From Better Nutrition Feb. 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment